Monday, April 5, 2010

Elderly learn to beat euthanasia blacklist

''Now I'm on borrowed time I can afford to live dangerously,'' she said after attending the first in a series of workshops teaching people how to circumvent a proposed law restricting access to some internet sites, expected to include some on euthanasia.

Websites associated with Exit International and its suicide manual, the Peaceful Pill Handbook, are expected to be refused classification and therefore to be inaccessible from Australian computers once a mandatory internet filter is in place.


SMH Link:

This is the best news I've heard. I thought that the filter might increase the computer skills of curious teenagers but it never occurred to me that it might help old people to increase their computer literacy too.

No comments: