Sunday, December 7, 2008

Results at last!

Chris Illingworth of Maroochydore has been charged with accessing and publishing child abuse material for re-posting a video of a child being swung around by its father. Mr Illingworth had nothing to do with the production of the video in any way he simply re-posted it to an online community.

So this is the kind of human misery that authorities are trying to stamp out. Small, giggling children being swung around by their parents. I'll sleep soundly tonight knowing I am being saved from this. WTF!

Google will find it for you if you want to see it for yourself. To be honest, from the SMH report, the activity is not to my taste but the kid is not distressed. Boys (the baby looks like a boy) like playing rough and some babies are just little dare devils. There is discussions about it being a fake and some hysterical 'wont somebody think of the children' comments.

A few months ago I was swinging a friend's 4 or 5 year old up as high as I could reach. She was fully 8 feet in the air. I used to do this to my nieces until they got too big. My friend wasn't doing the swinging because he was taking the photos. The only harm she was done was shortness of breath from giggling and asking me to do it again at the same time. When can I expect the knock at the door? Will they be hooding and renditioning me or hasn't it quite got that far yet.

If this is what they are fighting then they are fighting the wrong fight. Poor Mr Illingworth, at 60 years of age, is being dragged in front of the courts for nothing. What could the police be thinking? Is Australia so totally crime free that the police have to scrape the bottom of the barrel for junk crime like this? These are my tax dollars that are being wasted here!

No comments: