Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Rudd retreats on web filter legislation

KEVIN Rudd has put another election promise on the backburner with his controversial internet filtering legislation set to be shelved until after the next election.

A spokeswoman for Communications Minister Stephen Conroy said yesterday the legislation would not be introduced next month's or the June sittings of parliament.


Link:

This hasn't gone away. They are going into election mode so the netfilter doesn't get mentioned much... just like last time when they were in election mode.

I followed Rudd's election closely. I would have known if this was mentioned because I would have stopped thinking positively of him. The Greens (my vote) are coming through for us. I hope the Greens get balance of power in the Senate. A nice three way split like in the UK.

If we stop voting for them will they leave us alone??

No comments: